Join an artist over 70 for a live one-on-one, unexpected encounter. Part date, part game, part public artwork, Sex and Death (and the Internet) is your chance to ask someone older and wiser the big questions, and to consider the experience of yourself changing through time.
In this special Festival edition, audiences schedule a one-on-one visit and from a terminal inside Happy Yess log into a bespoke website that connects you live to one of our extraordinary seniors around the country. Together you take part in a personalised card game conversation piece, focusing on ‘taboo’ subjects including sex, death and what happens in between. The intention is to create space for urgent, intimate, long distant, intergenerational conversations at a time when ageing and isolation are becoming more acute than ever before.
Through playful and provocative (online) encounters, this evocative piece is a chance to address what really matters and to expand our borders, perspectives and conversation partners.
Please note part of the event experience involves the producers contacting ticket holders via email upon booking. The ticket holder will be required to exchange a key artistic element of the work via email, two weeks prior to their session.
Concept & Direction Samara Hersch
- Associate Artist & Dramaturgy Bec Reid
- Photographer & Collaborating Artist Ponch Hawkes
- Conversationalists Lorna Hannan, Liz Jones, John Flaus, Natalie de Maccas, Delia Bradshaw, Dien Nguyen, Ponch Hawkes
- Digital Experience Designers Forde and Nicol
- Maitre' D Erica McCalman
- Location Designer Beck Adams
- Sound Designer Marco Cher-Gibard
- Previous Collaborators Marco Cher-Gibard, Lucy Hawkes, Sandy Green, Jess Devereux, Georgia Metaxas, Yvette Turnbull, Madeleine Dowling. Lou McLaren
- Photo Ponch Hawkes
Love Me (Bar)Tender
Thu 6 - Sun 16 AugBuy Tickets
Your Bartender awaits… Make your pilgrimage if you dare
Shellie Morris & Guests
Wed 12 AugBuy Tickets
A celebration of Indigenous language and song with musical legend Shellie Morris
Words & Ideas
Tue 11 AugBuy Tickets
From lounge rooms to emergency wards, settle back to listen to stories from the heart!