Terms & Conditions
Darwin Festival may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before confirming your purchase. By making a purchase, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- All ticket purchases are final and shall not be refunded, except as required by law or in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice or as otherwise specified by Darwin Festival.
- Tickets for performances are valid only when purchased from Darwin Festival or an organisation authorised by Darwin Festival to sell or distribute tickets. Authorised vendors include; Darwin Entertainment Centre, Deckchair Cinema, Ntix and Tourism Top End. All Consumers must have a valid ticket for a performance in order to enter the venue.
- Tickets may not, without Darwin Festival’s written consent be on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. Darwin Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer of any ticket sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
- All ticket prices are stated in Australian (AUS) dollars and include GST where applicable.
- Darwin Festival accepts payment for transactions by cash, Darwin Festival gift voucher or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express).
- A $4.95 non-refundable transaction fee inclusive of GST applies on all purchases.
- Your credit card statement will show “The Darwin Festival Limited” when your payment is confirmed.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided by the Consumer for collection of tickets and for admission to a performance. The following concession types are accepted:
- Full-time Students
- Children 12 years and under
- Pensioner and carer concession card holders including Concession Scheme Card
- Health Care Card holders
- Seniors Card holders
- BasicsCard holders
- Companion Card holders
- Australian Defence Force personnel
- International Defence Forces personnel
- A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website.
- Only one eligible discount may be applied per transaction.
- Prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Your booking confirmation email serves as your e-ticket to Darwin Festival performances. Use your smart phone to show the booking confirmation email to venue staff for door scanning at performances on arrival. Alternatively, you can print out your confirmation email and carry it with you for scanning or arrange to pick up printed tickets from a Darwin Festival box office ahead of time.
- E-tickets are non-transferable. In the event that you present your barcode for scanning at a venue and someone else has already entered on the same barcode, entry will not be permitted to subsequent ticket holders with the same barcode. No refunds or exchanges will be entered into in such situations.
For group bookings, please ensure you all arrive at the venue together, to save being denied entry.
- Treat e-tickets as valuable as cash and do not email them or otherwise distribute them to others.
- The right is reserved to not replace lost or stolen tickets where seating is unreserved (general admission events). For reserved seating events, at its discretion Darwin Festival may be able to replace the ticket if the consumer produces adequate proof of purchase. Darwin Festival encourages consumers to treat purchased tickets as valuable as cash.
- Consumers are obligated to check the lock-out policy on performances prior to purchase as advertised on the website, on your e-ticket and in performance reminder emails. Latecomers will be denied entry to performances advertised as a lock-out, with no refund or exchange permitted. Under partial lock-out conditions, latecomers will only be admitted to a performance during a suitable break or as determined by venue management. Under some circumstances this may mean the consumer misses the show in its entirety.
- Strict age restrictions may apply to some performances and will be advertised on the website. Some shows are not suitable for children or patrons under the age of 18 years. If an event is classed as 18+ you will be asked to present a legal form of identification and may not be permitted entry if you are unable to provide it. To find out more about our babes-in-arm policy and age recommendations for performances, please call the Darwin Festival’s Ticketing Team on (08) 8943 4222. If an infant or young child becomes unsettled during a performance, you are required to take your child out of the performance venue so as not to disrupt the performance for the artist and fellow patrons.
- Darwin Festival reserves the right to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, artists, venue and seating arrangements as necessary. Any such variations, substitutions or withdrawals will be communicated to ticket holders in direct email communications and advertised through social media.
- Darwin Festival collects your individual information in case of an event cancellation or alteration. If you elect not to receive digital communications from Darwin Festival, or you fail to supply sufficient and appropriate contact information, Darwin Festival is not responsible for failure to contact you.
- No obligation is assumed by Darwin Festival to arrange a substitute event if an event is cancelled. This includes events that may be cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Entry to a Venue is at an individual’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Darwin Festival will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from a consumer’s entry to a venue or performance within a venue.
- Tickets must be retained throughout the performance. Venue management reserves the right to evict any person or persons not in possession of a valid ticket.
- The use of cameras and other audio/video recording devices is prohibited during a performance.
- Mobile telephones, pagers and so forth must be switched off during a performance.
- In attending a performance, you grant Darwin Festival permission to film or photograph you, and to reproduce that film or photograph in any audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.
- The right to refuse entry or to evict a consumer is reserved by venue management as provided in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Consumers’ refused entry or evicted from a venue will not receive a refund.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
- Exchanges or refunds may be considered in compliance with terms under the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice and under Australian Consumer Law. Consumers are to read the special conditions advertised on the website for the selected performances carefully during purchasing.
- On some occasions, Darwin Festival is able to exchange tickets from one performance to another, provided the following requirements are met:
a. The exchange request must be submitted in writing to email@example.com (include your transaction ID)
b. The request for the exchange is for the same event at a different date or time
c. The exchange must be of equal or greater value – for example, you cannot exchange from a full price performance to a preview performance
d. Neither the original nor requested performances are sold out and
e. the exchange is requested at least 48 hours prior to the original performance or event.
- If Darwin Festival permits an exchange, a $4.95 exchange fee will apply and will be processed by Darwin Festival’s Ticketing Team at the time of the exchange.
- If Darwin Festival permits a full or partial refund in compliance with Australian Consumer Law, the transaction fee paid by the consumer is non-refundable.
- Merchandise and other products including food and beverage products will not be refunded or exchanged, except as required by Australian Consumer Law.
Friends of the Festival Membership
- Friends of the Festival membership is valid from the date of purchase until the end of the same year.
- Friends of the Festival membership is non-transferable and applicable to the individual registered only.
- Benefits are reviewed annually at the discretion of Darwin Festival and are subject to change. The full list of benefits is available on our website.
- The Friends of the Festival discounts are only available for the current Festival, exclusions may apply.
- Our standard ticketing terms and conditions (see above) apply to all Darwin Festival Friends of the Festival tickets.
- Gift vouchers can be used to are purchase Darwin Festival tickets or merchandise only (not redeemable for food and beverage).
- Gift vouchers are valid for three years from date of purchase.
- Gift vouchers are not exchangeable for cash, including any unused value at the end of their expiration.
- Our standard ticketing terms and conditions (see above) apply to all Gift Vouchers.
COVID-19 Special Terms
Updated 22 July 2022
If a government directive prevents you from attending a Darwin Festival event, Darwin Festival may provide a refund, exchange, or credit (where available).
- you are required to self-isolate due to contracting COVID-19, or
- you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been tested and are awaiting test results
To discuss your options, please contact Darwin Festival’s Ticketing Team as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include your transaction ID); or calling (02) 8943 4222.
Please note – your request will be subject to the conditions as below;
- The request is made at least 24 hours prior to the to the event start time
- You must supply evidence which registers a positive result, with the date stamp visible to Darwin Festival’s satisfaction.
Darwin Festival will not provide a refund, exchange or credit if you are well and do not wish to attend the Event due to fears of exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If Darwin Festival permits a full or partial refund, the transaction fee paid by the consumer is non-refundable.